Thursday, September 21, 2006

This just in

Yesterday I got two pieces of valuable input. My boss told me that table is most likely to be called a "telephone table."

And my mom emailed me (because she couldn't remember having a table like that) and I told her that ours only had one shelf. She informed me that it is just a typical old fashioned end table.

So due to what my mom said and also due to the fact that telephones don't exist anymore, I guess "they just don't make 'em like that anymore."


Which is stupid.



I'm going to some thrift stores if I have time this weekend. Who's with me??

5 Comments:

Blogger Maren said...

hey, what about ebay? shipping costs may be outrageous, but at least you might find it there...

9:21 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

That's a good call Maren, maybe I'll do that monday if I don't find anything on the Minneapolis thrift circuit!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I've seen those at thrift stores, particularly ones that specialize in furniture. I had one when I was little that was painted white. I thought of it as bedroom furniture. I don't know what happened to it. I guess I thought maybe you had gotten it. I've always thought of it as a desk. The usual terminology, I believe, is desk with hutch, and the definition of hutch can include shelving, as you've drawn, or more open designs, as they make these days for computers.

10:08 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Mel, mom must've been thinking of that in her email. She asked if it was white.

This makes sense as the closest I've found are computer desks.

When I do my ebay search I'll search "hutch," "telephone table," "old fashioned end table." or just "table" (but that might be overwhelming)

10:10 AM  
Blogger al said...

Wait. I'll go!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home