Saturday, September 02, 2006

Grandma and Grandpa's favorite bar

This morning after we got the Bearses from the airport, we went to one of my parent's favorite restaurants for breakfast.

Jene, my mom, and I were walking Charlotte into the restaurant when this happened:

"Charlotte, nana and papa love this place! This is our favorite bar." - Mom
"Yeah, Charlotte, do you want to have breakfast at grandma and grandpa's favorite bar?" - Me
Jene and I look at each other and laugh.
"Now that's one for your blog" - Jene





Also I found my flight over here humorous. I somehow felt out of place on my plane unable to peel myself away from my Winston Churchill biography - one of these things are not like the other, if you will.

Let me set the scene, college kids and middle aged vikings fans alike were getting the labor day vegas party started with their costly specialty drinks. I think every single person in my radius ordered a drink that was 3 or more dollars. Which is fine. I just felt like I might've gotten horribly ridiculed after the plane ride was over. Sirens going off, people screaming "nerd alert." That kind of thing.

Speaking of airport facilities - why did Las Vegas Airport think it was a wise use of money to hire washed up celebrities to do their moving walkway voiceovers and security videos? I hope to meet you someday in real life, Joan Collins (or was it Rivers?), to thank you in person for letting me know that I am indeed approaching the end of the moving walkway.



Must be funded by the airport slots.



Hoping all your labor day dreams are coming true. Don't go to the fair. Just don't. It's actually just a bad choice.

Love,
Christine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home