Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Blood Drive: rejected again

I don't know how many of you heard my blood drive story of last spring...but long story short: I got roped in and then rejected.

Well here it is again. I armed myself with a full breakfast this time (even skipped the coffee), I was ready to go! I go down there (with my friend Winny to keep me company). I sit with the woman, talk with her, and then she pricks my finger (ouch!) and puts it in the doohicky.

One minute later:

"Your iron is too low"

"What? I'm rejected?"




Cue Peanuts Sad-Moment-Music. My head is drooped.


Doesn't anybody want my blood?



But not all is lost, I'm eavesdropping on a phone conversation, and I've learned that my coworker met a cute girl in the gym today. I get to have lunch with Ann, and I discovered a way to watch cable for free (the fitness room!).




Oh yeah, and it's cold out! Time to break out the long johns everybody!

6 Comments:

Blogger Maren said...

Sorry about your rejection. Maybe next year.

Oh yeah! Long johns! I forgot about those! I wonder if they'll fit me + BisQuick this year...time will only tell.

10:36 AM  
Blogger The Miz or Hads if you prefer said...

I couldn't give blood until I was a junior in high school because I didn't weigh enough and then there was the accutane business where you're not allowed to give while on it or months after you've been on it...maybe even a year.

And about the long johns. I'm sure it's not as cold here as it is there, but I don't enjoy sudden climate shifts. My body starts to reject itself when things like this happen.

12:17 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

I was going to say they should come out with some maternity-johns, but then I remembered that pregnant people tend to be naturally warm, yes?

Maybe you won't need them this year Maren!

1:53 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Miz, what exactly happens when your body rejects itself? This sounds interesting.

1:53 PM  
Blogger The Miz or Hads if you prefer said...

My body rejecting itself is basically a shutting down of my body and saying it has had enough temperature change and refuses to cooperate with my schedule until I take some rest and medicine.

6:30 PM  
Blogger Tom, Emily, Brenna said...

Ahhh, living up north, cool weather in September. I actually miss that from living back east, it's too much the opposite here, was 94 or 95 degrees today and that's below normal!

6:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home