Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You know what I love?

Women.






Man alive...seriously, alive men. Some of the greatest women on earth are my friends, and I get to spend time with them all over the place! Here is my ode to four of them.

Anna Leisa: Anna Leisa has a prestigious job title that I love to inform everyone of. I almost just said it, but thought she might get angry, but go ahead and ask me sometime. I'd love to tell you. It rhymes with resident.

In all sincerity, I have been blown away by this woman from the first moment I met her until this very moment now. Her faith is real, biting, and it shows itself in her love for other people and her desire to do something substantial for the community and the world around her. To top that all off, she has been there for me pretty much every second I've needed her in the last month. I don't know how she does it, or why she keeps coming back for more, but holy crap have I been grateful. Yesterday I arrived at work to find an encouraging email from her, reminding me of a certain fundamental truth (Jesus), and also just sharing in a little lamentation. It made me feel so cared for, and what a way to start a day! Thanks Anna Leisa!

Anna Leisa and I enjoy coffee, running, laughing, and Oswald Chambers.

Emily: Emily is my friday morning date! LOVE IT! When I first decided that I wanted to hang out one-on-one with people more regularly and consistently, Emily was the first to bite! Talk about encouraging! I kept thinking "you really would want to spend an hour every week with me?!?" Just right away, we went for it. Yeah! And we haven't missed yet (except when we're out of town, and that one time we both slept in). Meeting with Emily is a joy for several reasons - she's honest, always understanding, she's solid, and she loves finding out crap. Not crap, per se, like excrement, but you know, stuff - Emily is an answer's girl. I've been making lots of friends with circumnavigators lately (which is great by the way), but sometimes it's refreshing to be with someone who likes to jump straight to the root of whatever issue is at hand. She's also the most recent member of the Monday Night Ladies.

I've known Emily for almost 2 years now, but I've only begun getting to know her really in the last few months - I already can't wait until Friday! As a side note, this Friday morning Panera is having some super crazy thing. Free bagels for the first 1000 and then all sorts of crazy prizes. Emily and I are meeting a half hour early just so we can partake in maximum fun.

Emily and I enjoy coffee, laughing, talking about running (I could never run with her), and carrots.

Beth: If you go to The Rock, you may know Beth from the worship band, she's the short one with the brown hair - you know what I'm talking about. Beth is my wednesday morning date! I LOVE it. What a great way to start hump-day. The best way I know how to describe Beth is "edifying." I can't leave a conversation with her without feeling changed, challenged, and encouraged. Beth and I met after I got back from Australia, we quickly discovered that both of us had lived in the same city during 6 of the same months over there (Beth's quasi-Australian, she lived in Melbourne for 13 years). We bonded over Aussie slang, Rove Live, and Melbourne restaurants. But it wasn't until this last year that I've gotten the chance to really know Beth, and it's been incredible! I'm so thankful for what God has been doing in her life this year, and the example that that has been (and will continue to be) on so many other's lives (mine included). Beth is also very observant. Today she told me that I often do this thing where I say "I don't know" and then lean back, shake my head and repeat "I don't know...." What the heck? I what??

Beth and I enjoy coffee, picking up Anna Leisa's mannerisms, getting down to the nitty gritty, and laughing:

My favorite sound[word]bite from this morning's coffee date:
"I'll eat pretty much anything...except salmonloaf" - Beth
"Salmonloaf??" - me
"Yeah, you know, like meatloaf..." - Beth (as my face contorts in disgust)
"But with salmon" - Beth

Have any of YOU heard of salmonloaf??? Who would do that?!

Rachel: Ahh, Rachel. My shining, morning glory. If you go to the Rock, you might remember her from last week's video! She is actually the reason for this blog entry. This morning my day started off with another out-of-the-blue-encouraging-email. This one was from Rachel. Working so closely with Rachel this year through small group has been an unbelievably unique and wonderful experience. There have been times when I swear Rachel could finish my freaking sentences - specifically Faithwalkers with Rachel was such a memorable, sweet time...we would run together in the morning, sit by each other, pray with each other (no other human being have I prayed out loud with more than Rachel), cry with each other, and laugh til we'd hemorrhage. God has taught me amply through this girl - about the purity of the Gospel, the amazing capability He has of transforming people (I still cannot believe how much wisdom and maturity this young woman has), about embracing trials, and...of course...the importance of serving always with a cheerful spirit (have you ever seen her serve without a smile?? Didn't think so).

Rachel and I like to pray, clean, organize, run, and keep everything running smoothly.






And of course there are so many other woman that God's dumped in my lap that I could NOT be more grateful for - the other Emily, Christine2, Jenna, Amber, Ally, Maren, Jodi, Alexis, small group girls (Nicole, Allyssa, etc.), Kari, Sarah!, Jess!!

Too many to even count! Who am I forgetting? Mrs. R!, Mazvita!

Now I'm going to be in TROUBLE with every woman not mentioned. They're going to have a Christine-burning party. Great.


Italics!

4 Comments:

Blogger j said...

2 pictures and a mention - I'm in heaven!

2:53 PM  
Blogger al said...

Christine! Could WE be more blessed than to have YOU? I think not. This brightened my week, doll face.

I love tiny group!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Maren said...

what a great post: I'm with you on commending all those women! I am so thankful as well to have all you amazing ladies in my life, including YOU, CG!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read this just today, sorry I'm so late, but I ditto with Anna Leisa and Maren! You rock! We love you Christine!
Alexis

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home