Friday, August 18, 2006

Golden Birthday - Day 2 & 3

Day 1 was the Noodlegram

Yesterday I celebrated by having dinner with Laney-boo at Olive Garden (the genius is forcing yourself to eat as many breadsticks as possible so you can gorge yourself on baked ziti the next day for lunch - all for the low low price of 17 dollars after tip).

I also celebrated yesterday by having coffee at a Cupcake joint with Anna Leisa.




Tonight's festivities include a reunion with The Miz, Joe, Jordan, and Alyssa (second reunion with her - also a farewell) and following the Rock, a rousing game of Cranium. I'm so excited! I love games!!!


Day 4 will include a 10 mile run (although my stubborn refusal to stretch has caused a permanent limp) and I expect to sweat pure gold! Come one come all!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom, Emily, Brenna said...

Ok, I have to ask, because I'm completely oblivious to such things, what the heck is a golden birthday? Growing up on the south, I guess I'm not familiar (???)

9:50 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Always feel free to question what it is I'm ranting about on this blog!

A golden birthday is when the date of your birthday matches your age. I'm turning 23 on August 23rd. Melanie had hers when she was 13 (March 13th) and Eric celebrated his at 31 (August 31st).

It's really pretty silly...but you make a big deal out of it when you're a kid, so I thought since I had to wait until 23 it would be cool to make a big deal of it now.




There's also silver birthdays and platinums...I don't really know what those are. There's something about a birthday being the reverse of the date...that could be silver...so my silver birthday would be at age 32...I have NO idea what platinum would be.

1:43 AM  
Blogger Tom, Emily, Brenna said...

Very enlightening, thanks! And yet at the same time, I feel cheated and deprived of this, as my golden would have been 13 years ago! Man, a day late and a dollar short : )

9:30 AM  
Blogger mrs. r said...

hey, we didn't show up last night, as you can tell...sorry about that! We chose something closer and quicker so we could get home and to bed sooner (we both had to be up early today!) but next time we're invited to something involving you cool kids, we're all in (assuming we're still on your good side!) Good luck running 10 miles, save some solid gold sweat for me!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Golden Birthday Christine! Are you supposed to celebrate for a full month though? Is that part of the tradition?

8:07 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Adam, I think you mean 18 months.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home