Monday, August 21, 2006

Everybody's talking about it

A few minutes ago as I was spooning free taco fillings onto my paper plate in the lunch room I overheard this conversation:

"He turned two yesterday" - Lady 1
"The 20th was the big day, huh?" - Lady 2
"Yep...he'll be 20 for his golden birthday. That's a good age" - Lady 1


I was gleeful...and almost told them it would be my golden birthday on wednesday! Almost. I don't know them.





This weekend was pretty much the most productive weekend in the history of time. I rented a Rug Doctor and steam cleaned my couch. That's right. The first thing I did after running 10 luxurious miles (didn't sweat gold, but I did sweat a ton of salt), was steam clean my couch. Bought a staple gun too...and began reupholstering my kitchen table chairs. I also watched the entire BBC version of The Office and realized that it is not the American actor who plays Jim (on the American version) that I have a crush on - it is actually just the Jim/Tim character. Because I began having crush-like feelings toward the only-slightly-chubby British dude.

And if that weren't productive enough, laundry and grocery shopping happened too! I also bought a present for my parents - security dowels. You're welcome, parents!


Much love, and feel free to come to Chipotle tonight at 6 - movie & music in the park afterwards (Come one come all! Bring a blanket!),
Christine

2 Comments:

Blogger Maren said...

Wow! Good job! That's a lot of stuff in one weekend. How did cleaning the couch go? I've always been curious about how well those steam cleaners work...

12:31 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

It went pretty well - judging from the color of the water that came from the Rug Doctor when I emptied her out...

But the couch is just old, so it'll never look as clean as it did when we first got it. It's nice to know that it's clean, but I don't expect guests to exclaim "wow, what a clean couch!"

But it was super expensive (about 40 bucks after attachments and cleaner) to rent it for 24 hours...so if you ever want to steam clean something, I would probably ask around and see if somebody you know owns one you can borrow.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home