Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Books

Yesterday I ordered a few books on Amazon:

Systematic Theology by Wayne Grudem
The Cost of Discipleship by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
The Last Lion: Winston Spencer Churchill, Visions of Glory by William Manchester (I'm just getting into biographies, but this one is closing in on 1000 pages so, uh, ida know, pray for me?)
Till We Have Faces, A Myth Retold by C.S. Lewis (This is one of my favorites - I bought it last year, and promptly lent it to someone I probably will not see again for quite a while, so I figured it was worth re-ordering.)


I'm pretty excited for these books! And as a "shout out" to Anna Leisa - next on my list is some Watchman Nee and Anne Lamott.



I'm looking forward to my brain imploding.

3 Comments:

Blogger Maren said...

sweet! you ordered Systematic Theology! What made you want to purchase it? I haven't been reading it regularly, but I love it a lot, as you well know. Of course though, I don't love it nearly as much as bible.

Also, great choice on the cost of discipleship. I haven't read it, but would like to.

1:02 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Yeah, I'm really excited to have S.T. on my book shelf for reference...but unlike the bible, I feel no need to have more than one copy in different translations :)

I'm looking forward to COD as well, but a little nervous because I imagine it'll bring me to a much more sober existance - which may not be a bad thing!

I'll let you borrow it when I'm done if you want, Mary-berry!

1:34 PM  
Blogger al said...

I accept your shout out and raise you a 'holla back!' HOWEVER, no need to buy Anne or Nee; if you'd like to test drive them, I just bought additional copies of both (Plan B and Spiritual Man). Let me know and you can borrow 'em!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home