Thursday, August 24, 2006

Birthday Recap

Oh man...what a day!! Yesterday it was a full time job just to keep up everything birthday-related. I've never had an August 23rd like it! Wow! What did I do to warrant such an immense showing? Nothing! I just have the most amazing friends that have ever existed!!

Back in our livejournal days we used to recap how many phone calls, facebook messages, etc that we got on our birthdays. Let's bring back those days!

Facebook: 20 messages
Blogger: 15 messages (5 outside of the christineone blog)
Phone: Emily (singing from the TOP OF HER LUNGS), Sarah, Mom and Dad, Maren and C2
Cards: Parents, Maren, Ann
E-cards: Melanie and Darrick, AL, Lane
Emails: Maren, Ben, Jon D, Rachel, Karl, Lane, and Will (Will's was a day late, but not a dollar short)
Text Message: Maren
Fax: Maren
Myspace: Shawn Berres, Jess, Maren
In Person: Maren, Ann
Gtalk: Maren, Lee, Alexis, The Miz, Sarah
ROSES: AL, Em, Rach, Sarah

Best use of Technology: Maren (I love technology, but not as much as you, you see...), who utilized every single possible medium to wish me a happy birthday (my favorite was the fax)

Best poem: Anna Leisa

Favorite Blogger Comment: JK (I don't know why, I just liked that my mom got the props!)

First to say happy birthday on the actual birthday: Hoops (good job, you've done well!)

Most secretive and sweet greeting: The sweethearts from 17th St (plus AL)



Those are the flowers I got yesterday, if you look to the right you'll see the fax Maren sent ("I just faxed to say I love you")


Thanks everybody for making yesterday the most memorable birthday I've ever had!! You didn't have to! For the record, I'm fine with my birthday being ignored for the next 10 years.

Musical Accompaniment:
Ann and I met after work to go to the Mae concert. This was a very fun time! One of my favorite moments of the evening was when we were driving down 394 on our way to Dinkytown.




"That's where I work" - me pointed at the Interchange Tower up ahead.
"There?" - Ann pointing at a closer tan building.
"No, there" - pointing at white Interchange Tower.
"There?" - still pointing at tan building
"No! Over there!" - pointing at white building
".....there??" - pointing at tan building
"No, the white one up there" - me (still pointing)
"The Interchange Tower or the tan building??" - Ann
"The Interchange Tower" - me
"That's where I work!" - Ann
"what???" - me

Followed by much much laughter.

So we made it to campus (after taking a birthday phone call from Maren), and dined at Jimmy Johns before heading over to the Varsity.




The first band, Vedera, was very good - we enjoyed them immediately. The second band, The New Amsterdams, much anticipated by me, was AWESOME (though I would've preferred that they played a few more songs and did an encore...). During their set, we "met" a slightly intoxicated and loud woman. My hope is that Ann will blog about this woman, but I'll share my favorite quote of hers: "I REALLY LIKE THIS BAND, I MIGHT GET THERE CD!....I'M NOT DRUNK!!!! ONLY A LITTLE DRUNK!!! I'M NOT TALL!!! I'M JUST WEARING HEELS!!!!!!!!"

But...the band was great. Then Mae came out, and they were phenomenal!! Simply great. Concert of the year.

After the show, we went to McDonalds to have a couple Mango-Raspberry Shakes...we spent a good amount of time talking about various topics...and at about 11:00 we left and headed toward the car. As we were crossing 14th avenue, the lead singer of Mae illegally ran diagonally across the intersection of the street. He's a pretty handsome young man, nice brown shirt, expressive. I'm a fan.



After watching the guy on stage for a few hours, I wouldn't have missed him crossing the empty street (though somehow Ann did). He smiled at me, I smiled back and said "hi" and kept walking. Then I told Ann, and she said "Christine! You should've at least said 'good show tonight, it's my birthday' He would've said happy birthday to you!!" A smile and a hello is really fine though!

Anyway, best birthday ever!!!!!!!!




And in case you were wondering, my pinkies are still two different sizes:

4 Comments:

Blogger Maren said...

so you two work in the same building?

12:10 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Isn't that crazy??

Interchange is like one tall building and two short buildings. She's in one of the short ones and I'm in the tall one, but we share amenities - we both shop regularly in the little store.

12:13 PM  
Blogger The Giesenator said...

I agree. Mae was great. Great show.

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who am I now?

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home