Monday, August 14, 2006

19 months in the making...

...can anyone say "finally" ?

So sometime in January of 2005 I said something to Sarah S. to the effect of "You should date my friend Ben."

She said "Okay!"

I said "Okay! Let's go visit him in Madison!"

And we did. The weekend of February 11th, 2005. All they really talked about was bananas or something.




And then their agony began. 19 months of "I like him"s and "I like her"s and "not yet"s and "ugh"s.



These 19 months culminated into a 5 hour Starbucks/Quizno's meeting in Wisconsin Dells - where they decided they would like to be "boyfriend-girlfriend."


Congratulations, you guys! Be sure to wait a year before you hold hands - best to take things slowly, that's my motto.



Okay, seriously? I'm really proud of both of these two raggamuffins and how they've handled themselves this past year. They've prioritized their own growth and their own relationship's with God over a relationship with each other (which they both desired). So now they get to enjoy the fruits of their obedience!

What cute fruit!!

Ben refuses to blog about this, so I asked if I could. He said sure. He also said I could say whatever I wanted to because it's my blog...(Edit: Please note that after I wrote this Ben forced me to make a few changes)



Well, this is all I have to say, and it's a personal message to Sarah Anne Slauson: A wise man once said to me "Once you go Robison, you can't go back." So watch out - from here on out, it's either him or Dan.




So it better be Ben.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unspar! said...

That's two posts in a row that mention my name!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Maren said...

Cool news, you guys!

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking Ben or Bust.



I don't date musicians.


-sarah

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And all we talked about was pinneapple.

Quite the talker that Mr. Robison.

12:48 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

"Ben or bust"


I like it.

12:58 PM  
Blogger al said...

happy couple-hood!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Congrats. Don't have sex yet. It's not cool with God.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Unspar! said...

I like the "Ben or Bust" idea too. Sounds solid.

And thanks for the advice, Kevin!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Tian said...

inspired by your post, I come back to blogspot, again.

mm.. good news..

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home