Saturday, July 15, 2006

Stupid idea or the greatest adventure a girl will ever have?

I saw Thanks for Smoking tonight - I had a popcorn and sprinkled sour cream & onion powder on top of it - stupidest idea I've ever had. It was disgusting.

Anyway, I was driving home at about 9pm, feeling gross from that sc & o popcorn and also thinking about how I am supposed to run 6 miles this weekend and how insanely hot it would be the next day. I figured I would probably have to get up at 6 just so I wouldn't get heatstricken (struck by heat). But I wasn't tired, and I didn't want to go to sleep.

Then I had the best (or maybe stupidest) idea of my life - "I should do it right now!!"

I'd already ran today, but I felt okay, and I decided just to go for it.

So I put on a white shirt (reflection, right?) and figured out what would be 6 miles on the google pedometer and went! It was dark, but I ran along the sidewalks on 101 - so pretty safe.

At 1 mile I was thinking "I love running" and at 5.5 miles I was thinking "so help me, I'm never running again." I had that thought a split second before I wiped out (there is now a super sweet knee hole in my running capris)

Speaking of which, to blatantly steal from Jodi, today's metric: number of times I fell on the side of the road: 3 (the first time it was because a car flashed it's lights at me and I jumped into a hole that I couldn't see - it hurt my ankle, but fortunately didn't sprain it for I was a good 3 miles from home...)



I was hesitant to post about this because I just know that I'm going to get a chastizing email from my mom about the dangers of running in the pitch dark by myself.


I love you, Mom and Dad! Muffin says hi!

5 Comments:

Blogger little miss said...

I think that everyone should run at night and then I would have more to dodge with my car- ask Tasha I almost hit her on her motorcycle.

10:18 PM  
Blogger Dreamer said...

Running at night is so much more of an adventure than running during the day. Not that I'd know because I don't run.

11:58 AM  
Blogger mrs. r said...

Way to run! I'm going to post my weekend running misadventures. I didn't get to 6 miles...=(

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm totally not brave enough to run outside at night, yet I understand intense urges to do so. Why do I tell myself 'no, Emily,' when it comes to running at night? Well, my friend/neighbor is a police officer for our town, and he tells me all about the loonies that live around me. He cautions me not to run at night and has even gone so far as to provide names of streets I need to stay away from when I am running day or night... :) Heed my words, Christine...:)

3:52 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Heeded, Emily - I was scared out of my mind pretty much the entire time. That is the last time I'm doing something like that!

3:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home