Monday, July 17, 2006

A night where dreams came true

This is an epic tale of Dream Phone. The Monday Night Ladies came over for games tonight and of course we immediately decided on a game I've been playing for 17 years now - Dream Phone. Here's the deal: Somebody likes you...you call all the boys at your school (they all know who it is) for clues, and when you figure it out, you get a brand new boyfriend.






We immediately began picking our favorites (click the pictures to see larger versions - you should be able to better check out the boys that way).

Jodi immediately found Jason:



Beth picked at random:



And found Gary:



Jodi and Jason, Rachel and Steve, and Anna Leisa and Dale...sitting in a tree...oooooooooooooh:



I didn't have to think about it, it's been Matt since first grade - Laura and I used to call Matt and Carlos over and over and over again until one of them liked us. So, while they were picking their favored suitors, I was trying to make the phone work...no luck....



Seeming a lost cause, I decided that maybe this game was kaput...so I did the only thing I could think to do: I framed Matt:



Just then, Mike comes in to steal Anna Leisa's heart away from Dale! "No boys, don't fight"



Then Rachel got the phone to work (we'd taken out batteries that were 17 years old - this had led to corrosion on the sproingy things which needed to be scraped off). So, then we explained the rules:



"Hello?" "..hi.":



Beth dialing, me dazed:



Jodi and Rachel "share a secret":



Beth and I "share a secret":



Anna Leisa and Jodi "share a secret":



Maren and Beth "share a secret":



Maren and Rachel "share a secret":



Then after much investigation, I won! He likes me! Bob likes me



He really likes me!!



Bob is tops:






We also played Pit.

13 Comments:

Blogger al said...

I'd already forgotten his name (Dale's that is). I wonder what his last name is...maybe Chip.

Dale Chip sounds like "stale chip."

Chip, Dale - rescue ranger.

Dale and Anna Leisa Chip.

I LOVE BOYZ.

12:50 AM  
Blogger Maren said...

I have to say that I quite enjoyed Pit (though I have never played a more animated game of it than last night!)

I cannot say the same about dream phone.

8:17 AM  
Blogger j said...

Chip and Dale - get it?

Yeah, Pit really brings out people's character. It's a litmus test of character. People who pretend not to be competitive are suddenly freaking out because they can't find their oats. Awesome.

Dang it - Everyone's going to know who I picked. So much for my quiz.

8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a riot...seriously. I can't say much else. Thanks for making me laugh!

10:35 AM  
Blogger Karl said...

Maren, I'd like to commend you for your disdain of Dream Phone - I believe it's the sign of true maturity. Your dislike makes your husband proud.

That's probably why you're married...

1:18 PM  
Blogger Kevin Sawyer said...

Ugh. Jodi WOULD have a crush on Jason.

1:27 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

I'm glad you guys are married and everything, but this is really no place for such vicious attacts on our maturity, Karl.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Karl said...

Did I say anyone was immature?

1:46 PM  
Blogger j said...

What can I say, Kevin? I heart the nerds.

1:51 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

oh, just that to not be disdainful of such a brilliant game of Dream Phone would be a mark of immaturity (I did a little thing by making what you said a double negative).

It's semantics really.

I am secure in both my level of maturity as well as my two dimensional relationship with Bob.

I'm also secure in the Quickerts - long live the Quickerts!

Koolaid, anybody?

1:53 PM  
Blogger al said...

I can't stop reading this post! Especially the 'bob is tops' part. It gets me every time.

No thanks, Christine. I don't like Koolaid. But I do like flirting with imaginary boys!

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't fricken believe I missed this occasion! I had a crush on Matt for the longest time. ...Or the mexican one...what was his name?

8:28 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

anonymous is sarah, right? or no?

Carlos was his name.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home