Thursday, July 13, 2006

My Golden Birthday

Birthdays are usually no big whoop for me...but this year is different. This is a year I've been anticipating since even before little Muffin was born.


My Golden Birthday.




Oh, how I envisioned a birthday made entirely out of Gold!! How I coveted the birthday of my childhood best friend, Laura, whose birthday was conveniently placed on March 10th.

In a cruel twist of fate, my own sister was able to celebrate this occasion at the young age of 13...this may sound nice to the untrained ear, but I was 2 at the time - far too young to properly enjoy such an event. In fact, I probably ruined the whole day for her with my incessant tears and cries for attention.



My eldest brother celebrated his almost 3 years ago when he turned 31 (booring) and my other brother most likely celebrated his at some sort of bridge extravaganza.



Well, it's time to put away such musings of other's golden days of grandeur. This is my year! We have 41 days to figure out what to do!

Shall we venture forth to the greatest theme park the world has ever known - Valleyfair?
Shall we paint the town (and my cat) gold?
Shall we see how much water the human body can consume in a 10 minute span of time??


I am currently taking other suggestions, I implore you to bring 'em!

6 Comments:

Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

On a related note, Maren celebrated her gold birthday in July when she was 15...happy early birthday Maren!!

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had/got to celebrate mine when I was seven. Talk about not being able to appreciate it!

My sister's was also when she was 13, but I would have been six. I probably ruined it equally as much, though.

5:48 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

I'm going to have to disagree with you - I think seven would be a great year! You're in the prime of your childhood.

However, I am glad that my birthday didn't fall on the 1st or 2nd. Worse than having to wait forever would be to forget it completely.

6:00 PM  
Blogger al said...

Oh, um, ideas...well, um...I'm so bad at the brainstorming. I think a theme party is in order. How about Disney Princesses? Maybe not. Okay, how about a Belarus party? It's the 23rd country on an alphabetical list of countries in the world. Or...how about 80s ladiez? Or famous couples/duos in history? Or how about cowboys and indians? Or Palestinians and Israelis?

What d'ya think?

6:20 PM  
Blogger Unspar! said...

I've had enough of theme parties. Let's just invite all the unicorns, fireworks, and donuts we know and make an all-nighter out of it.

But seriously, I vote Valleyfair. All the poor college students can just suck it up and pay.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, ever since then I've really wished I could have been born later. I'd love to have my golden birthday in my twenties.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home