Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Final Day(s)

Home!

After my last blog entry I went into the pondo to grab a handfull of little jelly packs when I saw Juan and Rafael from the laundry! Juan still doesn't speak a lot of english, but he looked so happy and we were able to have this verbose conversation:

"Hola, como estas?" - me
"Bien, y tu?" - Juan
"Bien, tengo que ir, la otra Christine esta alla" - me (pointing far away)

I talked to Rafael a bit more, and even more when we stopped by the laundry to visit later. It was just so good to see them, they looked so happy (especially Juan)!


When we stopped by the Laundry we saw Ashley, our old boss' granddaughter, she just graduated high school, and she looked so pretty! I couldn't get over how much older she looked!

Then Ashley helped us call Johnnie (our boss), and we arranged to meet her in town later. Seeing her and Alvin made our whole trip. They invited us to stay with them anytime for free if we ever want to come out again. I'll post pictures eventually.

The afternoon was spent playing skipbo and Phase 10 with Nicole and Sarah (Christine's friend who now lives in Denver).

We said goodbye to everyone and headed out at about 5:15 to meet Johnnie and then get to our favorite coffee shop in Loveland before it closed at 7. We also went to Chick-fil-a.

We drove home. Christine and I were talking and we were glad that we didn't stay much longer than we did. I would've loved to spend more time with the girls of course, but since neither of us are big hikers we kind of ran out of stuff to do after we hit up starbucks.

As much fun as we had out there, I gotta say, I love Minneapolis. I missed it!

Jodi's 4th of July party was a blast too, even though Rachel and I got robbed against the Dordal's during the towel-ball playoffs.

This morning I hit the snooze button 9 times. Record.

Short sentences.

3 Comments:

Blogger j said...

How did you get robbed???

12:55 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

It was so under. Jon Dordal even agreed!

But it is okay, Rachel and I would've loved to take the tourney home, but it was kind of worth it to see the Dordal's go down by such sweet girls. Wetnaps. Genius, Jodi.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just had to open that wound again! If I was the Hulk, I'd be turning green and breaking stuff right now.
Wetnaps and genius are two words that DO NOT go together when describing that game! You want to talk about robbed! (and I thought I was over this). I'm done now.

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home