Monday, July 10, 2006

Another weekend in SoDak

10 of the ex-fta members met at Lake Pickerel, South Dakota this weekend.

Highlights:

Running five miles in the wind. I went for 30 minutes and then turned around, I found myself on a dirt road, and at 29 minutes I was quickly approaching someone's house. When 30 minutes came I was at the house, I felt awkward, but it was time to turn around anyway.

Swimming in a lake!

Going tubing, and finding myself unable to both get on the tube, and also unable to get myself back on the boat - I was plopped aboard both the tube and boat not unlike a dead shark. As Will screamed at me for not helping, I continued to laugh (thus disabling myself even more).


"Why are you guys laughing?" - girls
"We're just friends" - boys


Moving a chair from one end of the porch to another (and creating HUGE bruises on my shins in the process)

Watching Beth break Tim's unbeatable Hearts record. He went from 12-0 to 13-1.

Bragging with Emily about how neither of us ever get sunburnt...and then several hours later both of us in agony from bad burns.

Playing Trivial Pursuit at 1am, and cheering for the other team to win

Charades, specifically Tim acting out "Gazillion Gertrudes permeate o-zone layer"

Driving home in less than 4 hours, yeah. That is so right.




I had a really bad attitude about going out there this weekend, but I am so glad I went. It was refreshing and nice to spend time with people I don't get to see very often!

3 Comments:

Blogger Unspar! said...

I always love your recaps of weekend events I was at. But I can't help but be a little disappointed that there's no mention of Will gyrating or Sarah singing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" louder than life and waking me up from my nap. But I guess those are more highlights for me than for you.

4:09 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

I didn't know that the singing even happened. I think I must've been outside bruising my shins when that happened.

And the gyrating...was not a highlight. I am trying with all that is in me to forget it forever.

4:11 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Next time you nicely chastize me I will refer to it as "viciously barking orders at me."

And for the record, referring to you as having "screamed" at me was the funniest part of this entry to write.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home