Monday, June 05, 2006

Weekends

Weekends are great. This weekend people moved me into a new apartment.

We got it all in one trip, thanks to two trucks, a station wagon and a van...then it was all placed in the apartment very quickly (due to a conveniently placed sliding door). Then Jodi fed us all great food.

Anna Leisa and I unpacked everything Saturday night - with a break for church and Davanni's (we missed Papa Murphy's by 11 minutes). My bookshelf collapsed, but with the help of Seth and Ann I now have a new bookshelf (and thanks to Anna Leisa, it is assembled).

Yesterday I got to know a man in India. We had a good long talk for about an hour and a half. We bonded over pinging ip addresses, and router check lights. Unfortunately it ended poorly when I told him he was being unfair. Hopefully he can forgive me.

I went grocery shopping, mega grocery shopping. I am excited to have groceries. I bought 4 boxes of wheat thins. 4 different flavors. Also goldfish, and cheezits and cereal and avocados. Yes! You guys, yes! Unloading my car was a joy as well, due to my convenient sliding door!


My apartment is nice, it's clean, it's spacious, and it's ready to entertain! So come over!


In other very exciting news...my friend Liz in Australia is getting married to a young man by the name of "Alan" this fall! Fall is Australian for spring! Last I saw Liz she was a woefully single Melbournian, and now she's in Brisbane with a fiance. What?? It's a little surreal how much can change over the course of two years, but I am very very excited for Liz...congratulations Liz!!

She once told me she has every desire to "beat" her mom in the childmaking business. Her mom has 11 kids. So Liz is going for at least 12.


This is a picture I found of Liz and I (Liz is in the middle). Look how cute she is...she's going to have a veil on her head in a few months.


In other exciting news, my cousin Tommy and his wife Emily are expecting a baby! Congratulations to them as well!! Two dogs, a young married couple, and a baby. Now that's what I call an Arizonian family.

4 Comments:

Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

I forgot to mention that Liz and her friend (Alana?) are both drinking what the Australians call "lemonade."

Think about it.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Jonathan King said...

o, christine, you make my side ache. can you believe it's been over a year since we arrived at LT? ahhh! it's official. we HAVE to have a big reunion of everyone before the year is out. wait, now that i've said that, i'm probably going to have to be the one to organize something...guh. oh, and i think i should be a swell guy and add your link to my blog.
-jk

2:10 PM  
Blogger Jonathan King said...

o, christine, you make my side ache. can you believe it's been over a year since we arrived at LT? ahhh! it's official. we HAVE to have a big reunion of everyone before the year is out. wait, now that i've said that, i'm probably going to have to be the one to organize something...guh. oh, and i think i should be a swell guy and add your link to my blog.
-jk

2:52 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

JK! I am very game, and I also encourage you organizing it - which is fine (it's not like you're busy or anything, right?).

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home