Sunday, June 18, 2006

Thurs-Sat

3 things have happened since Thursday.

Thursday I went to Austin
Friday it rained
Saturday Jessie L (aka Sica) cut my hair.



On the way to Austin I stopped for a bathroom break and a malibu fill up at the McStop:







On Friday, power went out all over the cities. On my way to church, half the stoplights (not exaggerating) weren't working - but it wasn't as though a bunch worked and then a bunch didn't...it was every other light. That is one wacky storm. The electricity was out at Jefferson, but at 7:30 (the time our service starts) the electricity came on back!

Afterwards word broke out that there was flooding on 26th and Emerson. People began moving their cars, but our pastor's car was right on the corner, and halfway underneath water. Mark laughed on through it as the church gathered around trying to figure out what to do about it. I don't know what happened, if it got moved or not...does anybody know what happened?

When the hubbub died down a little bit, Joe, Anna Leisa, and Rachel came over for a little ddr action. It took about 3 hours to get to my apartment because of the storm, but once we got here we had a great time! We gave my cat a bath.....he was a great little guy. What a great, but terrified, sport.




Yesterday morning Jessie Lockwood called me, thinking for some reason we were doing the homeless outreach on Saturday mornings (and not Sunday afternoons) - she told me to stop by her salon afterwards so she could do my hair. I'm glad she mixed up the times of the "food-ing" (as she called it) because boy oh boy I needed a haircut.

She cut my hair very short! I'm really liking it!! Jessie really knows what she's doing:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When did you and Sika start hanging out again? Next time you see her, give her a freakin huge hug from me and tell her I owe her lunch, k? How the heck are you!?! I love you! Talk to you muy pronto!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home