Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Possibly the funniest thing that has ever happened


Tonight Jess' parents invited Jess and I over to spend time with her grandparents, so there we were - all of us hanging out on the snively patio. I noticed a swarm of ants were hanging out by some rice that must've fallen from Jess' plate.



I pointed them out, and then Jess and I were both making note of them. Then Jess' grandma and mom began to check out the swarm of bugs. Then the one and only John Snively (Jess' dad) comes over and says

"hey look at all the ants....they're all going after one piece of rice."

Then he slammed his foot on the ants and mercilessly slathered them all over the patio.






Jess and I looked at each other and burst out into laughter that literally lasted 10 minutes.

At first the other ladies laughed along, but as it became clear that Jess and I were nowhere near done laughing, they begun to ask "are you laughing because of how he killed the ants?" I nodded. Jess shrugged. We laughed more. Jess' grandmother proclaimed:

"These girls over here are in a giggle fit."

One of the first things I said was that there was no way I could explain this on my blog, but Jess told me I had to try.

On the way home Jess said "I can't quite pinpoint what it was that made that so funny...but it was something, and I knew you were laughing at the same thing, whatever it was."

I think it might have been the clueless yet mercilessly sloppy way his foot smothered their poor hardworking lives. What a way to go.

1 Comments:

Blogger al said...

I've been thinking about Muffin, post-bath skinny and terror-stricken.

1 commentz!

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home