Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Day One

Today I left work around noon-thirty to drive to Madison to pick up Christine at Starbucks.

As I was approaching the exit in Madison that I had to take, I was to look for a giant Red Robin and then look for a strip mall and a little starbucks behind it. Shows where my priorities are...I saw the starbucks before I ever saw the Red Robin.

The Red Robin, which is big (but you can't quite tell how bit it is from the picture):



The Starbucks, which is small (but you can't quite tell how small it is from the picture):



To all you naysayers who assured me it would take 5 hours to get to Madison, I thought I'd let you know that with two stops, and never going more than 6 miles over the limit, I pulled into the s-bucks parking lot at 4:39, just 4 hours and 8 minutes after I left! Take that, everybody else!!

Here's Christine, showing off her gel cast-boot at Starbucks:



Then we hit the road, and saw this weird car that was an amalgamation of a truck, a car, a convertible and a PT Cruiser (but you can't quite tell from this picture...):



I refused to stop for gas until we were 100 miles from St. Paul. As soon as the gas light went on I got really stressed out, but Christine remained calm. We made it to the station. Then we got Blizzards at Dairy Queen, but not until we both stood at the DQ staring confusedly and indecisively at the menu for a good 10 minutes.

We pretty much just drove, a lot of driving happened today. We also laughed a lot!

We got home a little after 9, made popcorn and popped in 9 to 5 which we are watching right now.

Tune in later, we're a thrill-a-minute duo - and you don't want to miss a thing!



Quote of the day:

In regards to Christine's sprained foot:
"At least now we have an excuse to not hike" - Christine

1 Comments:

Blogger al said...

Yay, Christines! It was great to see you both! Thanks so much for the visit.

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home