Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Chrissy from the Tonks

So there I was pulling into my parking spot, still riding the wave of having made 3, count them three, blogs today...when all of a sudden...what is this?

Two little girls.

They followed my car to my spot for some reason.

This conversation then happened:

"...hi" - me
"hiwouldyouliketobuylemonadeorpopforonlyaquarter?" - little girl
"oh...well, not really...I'm sorry" - me
"oh...really? You can just stand right here and I'll just whoosh over there and grab you one. You can just stay right here!" - little girl
"yeah, I just don't really want any soda right now" - me
"well, we have lemonade too!...sugarfree........I think...." - little girl
".......can I just give you a quarter?" - me
"...okay!" - little girl
I dig through my coin pocket for 25 cents.
"here's two dimes and a nickle" - me
"thanks!" - little girl running off with her quarter.


The other day I was driving in and this crowd of little boys stopped my car and tried to sell me koolaid for 25 cents.

Aww, summer in the 'burbs.



Have I mentioned that on Saturday night I saw a deer walk across my street?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it was about a month ago...I was in my family's neighborhood. I was driving toward our house on the end of our street when I hilariously saw 2 young boys tearing down their driveway to get to my car. I had my windows down, so I heard them screaming, "Hey, stop!!! We're selling lemonade!"- (one kid just sat at their 'money table' smiling as the other two did all the work) I stopped-of course-and got out some money while saying, "Yeah, I'll take a glass!" One kid took my money, excitedly counted it and SCREAMED, "She gave us 50 cents!!! Not just a quarter!" And that one kid, the one that had been sitting at the table, well, he leaned forward and very genuinely said, "God bless you." How cute. I pulled away just trying to contain my laughter, remembering the good old days when a day's profit of $1 from selling lemondade, stickers, or whatever we thought as kids might make us some money, meant the world...

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home