Friday, May 05, 2006

Why I am unwise

1) The Unwise eating habits before my run on Tuesday

2) Yesterday mistaking promoted price elasticity up for overall non-promoted price elasticity (hence screwing up a bunch of graphs)

3) Not sleeping enough for 8 days and expecting to still be able to work at full capacity (number 2 is a byproduct of number 3...but not to blameshift away from my natural unwiseyness)

4) Yesterday I could've sworn it was Tuesday.

This week has been just...I just don't know. I can't concentrate, and everyday I've managed to freak out more about moving, but I'm just going to start packing all my stuff up on monday. Knowing me, I'll be done packing in a week and I'll be living out of a suitcase for the following weeks (I'm so unwise). Jodi, you said you had a source for boxes, right? I'm going to want boxes I think.

Who knows how to move? What do I do with my stuff? Do my clothes go in garbage bags? You put vcrs in a box right? How am I going to record American Idol if my vcr is packed? Should I make a box of blankets and leave it open by the tv so I can quickly place the vcr in there right before I move? No fuss no muss? I'm so unwise!

8 Comments:

Blogger Tian said...

let me share some experience about moving, it's easy. just throw away anything you don't want to move...Now I have to re-buy many things, so I'm unwise now.

1:12 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Hahaha, tian. That's awesome. I was thinking just the other day how much less stress I would have if I had no belongings. Deep, huh?

1:28 PM  
Blogger j said...

Big breath. It's ok. The VCR can go in a box - you can pack it last. Start now by going through and throwing everything you can away. Then, start pulling things out of your closet. Start packing clothes - winter stuff, stuff you don't need. Pack all your knick knacks and pictures. I'll start gathering my box resources. I'll give them to you on the 15th when I see you. In the mean time, the best thing you can do is get rid of clutter and pull things out of closets. Look around work for boxes. Use your bags/suitcases to start packing clothes.

Really, it will be ok. If yhou get some things done now, you'll feel a lot better like you've accomplished something.

4:00 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Thanks Jodi, I bet I'll feel better when I find out if Muffin and I will be homeless for a week or not! I just want to know WHEN I'm moving!

PS - My mom sent me the most wonderful email with all sorts of moving advice in response to this post. I love my mom, I love Jodi, I love friends who are calm.

4:08 PM  
Blogger Maren said...

can I help you pack?

10:37 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Uh HUH! Whenever you want!

10:42 AM  
Blogger mrs. r said...

Christine, if you can't find enough boxes, tubs are great too. We've got lots of Rubbermaid tubs that we would be happy to lend if you need some extra room to pack stuff into. They also stack nicely and are very durable, both a big plus. Let me know!

11:54 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

I would love to borrow your tubs!!

11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home