Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Turtle Racing

Derrick and I were driving to the Mills this morning, and he was telling me about this place up north where he takes his wife and kids on summer weekends.

Longville.

It has a population of about 182 and it's the turtle racing capital of the world! From Longville's webpage:

The famous Longville Turtle Races have been enjoyed by all ages for the last 38 years. Every Wednesday afternoon from June through August, swimming beaches go strangely quiet; cabins, cottages and resorts empty out; and streams of cars descend on the little town of Longville on the shores of Girl Lake.

So, this summer, who wants to:

A) Go to Little League games? (I love this pasttime)

or

B) Take off a wednesday and go race turtles?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tian said...

I would like to train a speedy turtle, -_-

1:58 PM  
Blogger Unspar! said...

At the resort I used to go to on Leech Lake, they also had turtle races every Wednesday. They were tons of fun, but they won't hold up for me these 15 years later. And I might like to go to a little league game, but I'm a little afraid I'd get out of control and hurt somebody's feelings.

2:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home