Monday, May 15, 2006

Comedian Mike Birbiglia has this impression of girls, a month after you meet them:

"What are you doing this weekend? I was thinking we could maybe - I'M CRAAAZY!!"

Certainly many women are not crazy, but it is also certain that today I'm feeling a little crazy.



My morning mood was great! I woke up and decided to make coffee at home (as opposed to getting free coffee at work). It was amazing. I forgot how good real coffee is.

I drank this coffee on my way to work while listening to Simon & Garfunkle.

It was one of those great everyday moments. I seriously remember saying to myself "it just doesn't get better than this."

As the day went on my mood went from really content to just really melancholy. How did this happen? Just really saaaad.


Then a moment ago, Derrick popped his head over the cube wall and said to me:
"Christine, you better watch out, there are some pigs loose on 394 by Louisiana Ave."

And now I'm content again.

9 Comments:

Blogger Unspar! said...

Hahaha. Pigs.

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, I thought about you this weekend for this very reason: Paul Simon is coming to my city in a few weeks. Not too many of my friends like Paul Simon and I'm like, "What?! You crazy?" I'm 1/2 tempted to pay the 55 bucks and sit in the back row. Yeah, that's back row seating...I bet if you lived here you would go with me. Good thought on listening to Simon and Garfunk.-they have always been good to me. :) Miss you! Yeah, make homemade coffee...

8:12 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Em, I thought of you yesterday morning when I was sipping the coffee and listening to them! Was this a "God wink?"

I WOULD go see him with you! Why are you so far away from me?

8:40 AM  
Blogger Bobbi Lee said...

C1! You quoted Mike! Saw-eet!

Also, now I want to find some photos and/or reports about the pigs!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Loose pigs? Homemade coffee? Simon and Garfunkle?

Hippies.

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, you're a cool girl. Yeah, perhaps it was a bit of a wink...
Why don't you move here....

11:55 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Hippy? This, friends and neighbors, is coming from a vegetarian.

Who would be a vegetarian??

11:59 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Probably the person who set loose those pigs.

12:47 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Get back to work!

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home