Monday, April 24, 2006

Kasey Chambers, New Orleans, and my "Employee Spotlight" Profile

I had to write out a profile for the new employee spotlight wall in the breakroom a while back. Favorite color, favorite quote, favorite movie, favorite song, someone you look up to, etc.

It's causing a miniature fuss!

On Friday one of the senior employees (not the old kind of senior, but the important kind of senior) in my office came up to my cube and introduced himself because I'd written about my foot going through the floor in New Orleans and he'd volunteered in New Orleans in January and wanted to talk about that with me. It was a really cool and uplifting conversation to have!

Then today I get this email from this guy Matt (the one who used to go to the Rock a few years ago). He emailed me because my favorite song is a Kasey Chambers song, and he loves Kasey Chambers so he told me he'd seen her live a few times and he not only had all three of her albums (as I do) but he also has this live album, and an album from Dead Ringer Band (the band she has with her brother and her dad).

Then he emailed to say that those albums were actually on our S: (share) drive under his folder...

So now because of my employee spotlight profile in the breakroom I know another ACNielsener who gutted out houses in New Orleans and I have 32 new (mostly) Kasey Chambers songs!

I'm listening to the live album right now, she just said something about going to Melbourne the next night. She has an Australian accent....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home