Friday, April 28, 2006

Four things

1) I went to General Mills today for a meeting. Seriously, it's like Willy Wonka's Candy Factory in there! After the meeting we went to the store, and I got 3 boxes of Team Cheerios. (3 bags of Chex Mix too, the guy working there implored me to try the Bold flavor - I'm looking forward to snacking on the road tonight).

2) It should be noted that the moments when I'm alone in my car, singing along with Kasey Chambers, are maybe the sole moments when I feel like I can really sing. I swear I'm hitting the same notes. When she belts out the longer notes, I do it with, and man, you just can't tell our voices apart (I swear). So I've been listening to her family's band, Dead Ringer Band, a lot lately and there is this song called "Why." I've listened to it three times today. Melodically, it's perfect. Bring on the pluckin', you know?? You gettin' my jive?

3) Kasey Chambers has the voice of my inner dialogue. This is a truth that you cannot argue. A little high, a little whiney, a little honky tonk, a little angry...you catchin' what I'm throwin?

5) I was told to leave work at 3...and if I don't go voluntarily I will be forced out. Seems my awesome coworkers insist that I get to Iowa earlier than 10:00, so yeah!! T-minus 116 minutes til I'm on that road, blaring the Kasey Chambers. Just blaring it. This is all I've thought about all morning. My heart is in Iowa.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tian said...

could you make a video of you singing? and probably make it like Numa Numa dance? (just google or wikipedia it if you don't know it)

2:23 PM  
Blogger Bobbi Lee said...

Yah Iowa!
So glad we got to chill! :)

C2 and I miss you already.

11:13 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

bobbi, I need your blog address

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home