Friday, December 16, 2005

Amazing

It's amazing how much I don't like studying.

Last night I wanted to eat some homemade macaroni so I boiled water as soon as I got home and I sat down and said to myself "okay, get through your homework assignments and flash cards as fast as you can, and as soon as you're done you can pour the noodles in the hot water" So I speed-studied and then I watched The Ring 2 and ate the most delicious macaroni and cheese ever. (Thanks Nicole for teaching me how to make it! Who knew Velveeta had such a delicious purpose?)

And right now I'm in class an hour before the final. Here I am. Sitting in Blegen 145 at 12:30. I'm the only one here. Sitting. With my laptop, my ipod and my nalgene...and my calculator and a pen. Legs crossed, in my work clothes. There's my backpack right next to me. Making a blog.



Oh. One thing. My new car. That rig is too big for me. Backing out of spots requires much more reverse-drive-reverse-drive action. And the windshield - holy cow. Who knew windshields came that big? I feel like a giant. Or like I'm normal sized but driving this humongous rig. Or robotic driving vehicle.


I'm so excited for my new job, y'all! But even more, I'm really looking forward to Faithwalkers! And that roadtrip with the girls in my giant rig.

I think I'm going to name my car "Rig" or "Malbs." Or perhaps, "Malbs, Christine's giant rig." What do you think?



Ben and Sarah and Lee and other FTAers reading this - how do you feel about a small group blog? we could call it fta.blogspot.com or something that fta has stood for.blogspot.com. Everyone on the blog could post whatever they want? Okay, I may have swiped this idea from Jodi, but why not, right?


The lights just went off!



Oh, I forgot to post about this I think, but earlier this week I accidentally threw my paycheck away, so I had to dumpster dive. That's right, if you were hanging out in the Lauderdale Hollows parking lot and saw two legs shooting diagonally out from the dumpster, that was me - diving headfirst into piles of trash. It was pretty humiliating. The strange part though was that I was actually pretty okay at it. One of those hidden talents that you never really realize you have until you're put in a position where you'd have to use it. The maintenance guy (the one who wants very badly for me to go to graduate school) came out and helped me out with his big old trash pole. We didn't find it, but he told me to call my work and then take a shower. Advice well taken.

I'm going to do some of that Money and Banking studying now.


Much love,
Christine

8 Comments:

Blogger Unspar! said...

I would be all for an FTA blog because I am all for blogs in general. I'm also all for seeing your car one of these days.

4:08 PM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

you comin to the rock tonight? because that would be a prime opportunity!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Unspar! said...

I was there, and yet I did not see your car. We must reschedule this auto-viewing.

9:24 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

Sunday!

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want royalties from all the money you make on the blog.

So, did you get a replacement paycheck or are you one of those loaded college kids who just works for fun?

9:23 AM  
Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

...replacement paycheck?

9:50 AM  
Blogger Maren said...

I think you might feel more comfortable in your car once you take my brother's lincoln towncar for a spin around the block. That thing's hood goes on forever. The front of the car is so far away that your eyes can't even focus it. I don't know the actual length of it, but it's probably equivalent to a boat. A person could fit quite comfotably in the trunk, along with all belongings needed for a 5-person family for a whole weekend, strollers and all.

I must see your new rig as well. I'm sure at some point you will find its girth useful and resourceful, and I should like to see a post about that sometime.

I'm sorry about your paycheck, but happy to hear of your newfound skill. Do you think you could
advertise your skill online and have people pay you to dig out their lost items...I'm sure it's a daily occurrence that a child throws their retainer away somewhere in the twin cities. You could make a killing on that.
Really, though, I hope you get your money somehow!

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you lose a check, they sometimes will void it and issue a replacement check.

But then they also brandish a big dollar sign in your forehead, so you have to decide if it's worth it.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home