Monday, October 03, 2005

a potpourri about how cool my friends are

The other day itunes played The Subterraneans by Jane vs World...and I was getting into it and getting all excited because this is totally the band that my friend Andre is in now! It's super poppy and Andre used to be all into the whole "wear black clothes/hair, sing emo music, and choreograph hardcore moves with our other friend Joe" thing. What can I say? Andre's an interesting amalgamation of hilariousness and talent.

And here's Joe and Andre outside of my Australia apartment just before breaking out into some of them hardcore moves (if you look closely at the hoodie joe is wearing you might recognize it as the hoodie belonging to me, Christine Grue):



and now he is a proud member of Jane vs World, a female fronted piano based pop group.


I of course love it with all my heart. They're about to start an east coast tour in Australia, and I think Joe is touring with them as a drummer...so man alive how fun would it be to see that!


Here's a sample of random lyrics that I heard while I was typing this (imagine sweet pop piano playing as you read)

"we've got nowhere else to go...but San Francisco City..."

"boy from canada...told you all about what's in vegemite"

"woah oh woah woah, you said my non-prescription glasses...made me look hardcore"

"jack finds his pen and takes it, says 'hey man, we're going to make it, graduation! it's overrated.' Such is my life with the subterraneans"

"I used to...ba ba ba da...write baaaaad...[piano solo]....poetry...ahh-oooooo"

"boy I don't want to be your B-grade Lisa Loeb any more, woah woah oh woah, ah wah ah oh"

"bah bah bah bah bah bah, Sebastian steps down from the tower in my mind"

"Sebastian are you as confused as I?? Bah bah bah, bah bah bah"



This band is already hitting the airwaves in Austin, TX...should be just a matter of days before it hits the U of M airwaves. We are always following the footsteps of Austin. Austin, sigh, how I love thee...but I've digressed.


Here's what I found from PopBoomerang about the band while I was doing some google research:

*JANE VS WORLD*

The worst kept secret in the Melbourne pop scene is that Popboomerang Records has signed new pop group Jane Vs World and will release the bands debut 6 track CD “56K Hearts” early 2006. Jane V’s World feature ex Sarah Sarah lead vocalist Kate Duncan who has teamed up with keyboard wizz Jadey O’Regan to craft cute pop songs about popular culture & of course broken hearts! The band are putting the finishes touches to their full line up as we speak & will hit the live scene very soon. Listen out for the first single from the EP “B-Grade Lisa Loeb” which is released to radio next week.



And here's another cool thing about one of my friends...last weekend my friend/EP roommate, Sara, and her family went out to eat with Josh McDowell before he spoke at their church, and I just saw this picture of Sara and her brother and Mr. McDowell on her xanga. Look how happy she looks! I love it.

1 Comments:

Blogger christinesfakeblog said...

don't I know it

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home