Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Great Flood of Minnesota

...not as tragic as the one in Genesis or in New Orleans, but a flood nonetheless.

So there's a thunderstorm covering the entire state of Minnesota right now. All the way from Lake Superior to Iowa I think.




We were sitting in Jodi's living room talking, when this woman knocked on Jodi's door and frantically asked us for a flashlight.


Woah. We didn't even know it was raining.

We looked outside and saw that her neighborhood was under water. It didn't take us long to figure out that we needed to move our cars.

So we ran out to the street, but by the time I got to the sidewalk I realized that I was underwater all the way to my thighs...I started swishing/swimming to my car, and in the process of doing that my shoe fell off...so I'm standing in the street outside my car (which was immersed in water all the way to the headlights), without one shoe.

"Where's my shoe??" I cried. "I think you're shoe is lost" Kate replied. "Are you okay??" - Jodi. "I'm missing a shoe!! It should be floating, it's made of rubber!! Where is it!?" A few minutes later Jodi shouts "there it is!" it had floated like 2 car lengths down and into the middle of the street...we laughed, retrieved it, and put it in its place (on my right foot)

Ohhhh, the adventure...then we ran inside...all pretty soaked at this point. Then Jodi decided she wanted to play in the flood...so after I got done calling my parents, I took some pictures of Kate and Jodi playing in the flood and then I ran out and started playing too (Krista held my camera).

"I'm going to do underwater push-ups!" - me

And I did.

In San It Ty

After we'd had enough, we came inside...I took a shower, and Jodi french braided Kate's and my hair...and eventually the floodwaters receded enough for us to get in our cars and drive home...pretty sure the rain is going to keep on going through the night.

Never thought I'd have an opportunity to do underwater push-ups in the street. Who knew tonight would be my night?

1 Comments:

Blogger j said...

HAHAHA - I had so much fun! BTW - I have your camera along with wonderful evidence of the flood. If you look hard enough, in the background you can see the animals lining up.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home