Sunday, September 25, 2005

Reunition

And the secret has been revealed!

So early friday morning I got up and drove to Iowa where I met Ally and hung out with Ivee, the adorable three year old that she babysits.

"Knock knock" - Ivee
"who's there" - Ally/me
"Chicken" - Ivee
"Chicken who?" - Ally/me
"Chicken...don't cry it's your birthday!" - Ivee

Then we drove to a little bodunk city in Illinois called Lowpoint, for the Illinois retreat. We got a little lost getting there, but not as much as when we were leaving. Once we finally got out there we saw Matt Barnes waiting and he was like "what??" and then, when we drove in, Mike "The Miz" Hadady came running towards our car yelling "how are you here?!" and then we hugged and told him to "shhhhhhhh" and then I gave him my camera so he could take pictures of us hugging Amber and Christine...when Amber drove up she got out of her car, saw Ally, but then looked back in her car and then turned around to us and started screaming. Then we started screaming...then we all started screaming a whole bunch of unintelligible words and phrases...and the hugging! The hugging! After a long time, and a few awesome surprises (like Danielle Franke!!), up came Christine's 1993 88 Oldsmobile. We see her walking towards us and she points and says:

"what?"

Then we hugged and hugged and after we'd blubbered and freaked out we decided to find Bemi.

We go over to the Men's side and we see Bemi come running out of the bathroom to attack some guy...so I started repeating "Bemi Ekwejunor, Bemi Ekwejunor." I saw him look around and then we heard him just start screaming and he ran at me and hugged me so hard that I think he cracked a bone in my back. Then I gave him my camera and he took some pictures of us screaming...

Ahhhhhh, it was so awesome!!!!!!!!!

Best thing ever ever!

Then we hung out in the dining hall for awhile. Everyone else went to bed at, Ida Know, 12 ish? The Christines were definitely up until nearly 3 though...both of us so exhausted and just in a totally crazy happy mood...

The rest of the weekend was really awesome too! Pavi Thomas talked about 2 Corinthians, and I found out JK is doing his orientation in January for GCM! And then Christine and Amber were both baptized!! Ahhh, too much.


In one word:
fantastic

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home